Damavand Forums

Full Version: Climbing Damavand Q&A
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Climbing Damavand Volcano Iran Q&A 1

Q- To what extent would we need outside (expert) help to climb Damawand and to reach the 3 camps before the summit?
a- In a clear day you can find your way and the route with no problem. But in fogy condition and bad weather, it is very difficult to find your way.

Q- Please be so kind to advise me about the technical part and how hard the Damawand climb is.
A- Damavand south face is not a technical route, as far as you are fit enough and done ordinary climbing, have ordinary equipments and listen to your guide advices; you have the chance of success.

Q- We are not experienced climbers but we are in good physical conditions. Do you think that is a problem to goto the Damavand top?
A- A good physical fitness is required for this mountain plus some mountaineering experience and suitable weather.

Q- How long is the duration of round trip to Mnt Damavand?
A- 3 to 5 days.

Ardsol
FMD19MAR12G4
Trekking Damavand Mountain, Persia Q&A 2

Q- What route are we taking to the Damawand summit and what techniques does it require? Do we need crampons and ice axes? or is it merely a tough and long trek?
A- We usually trek to the summit from south route, ordinary mountaineering and trekking techniques, you don not need crampons and ice axes in summer.

Q- how many days are required to climb Damavand Iran?
A- In summer time 3 to 5 days is usually enough, but in winter and difficult condition you need more time.

Q- I am making plans to come mid-October. How many days do I need to climb Damavand?
A- Depends to the weather, at this time of the year usually takes 4 to 5 days.

Q- I was thinking to make the trip in 3 to 4 days, starting from Tehran. Does that sound possible?
A- Yes that sounds good.

Ardsol
FMD19MAR12G5

Useful links Damavand Info, Mount Damavand Guides, Damavand Weather.
Find more info for Mount Damavand Trekking in the following pages:

- Mount Damavand Trek
- Damavand Hiking Tour
- Mt Damavand Iran
- Damavand Mountain Tourist Forum
- How To Hike Mount Damavand Iran

Sherpa
More Damavand Info FRMD21AUG31DU
Reference URL's